- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1 teaspoon organic dehydrated cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 8 ounce package soy tempeh cut into fingers, 1/2 inch wide
- 1 bunch arugula, coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or tofu mayonnaise
- 3 scallions or green leeks, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together garlic, lime juice, coriander, sugar, salt and water.
- Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Add tempeh and let marinate for 5 minutes, turning once or 8 to 24 hours refrigerated.
- Grill or broil on medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Turn and grill other side for about 4 minutes or until browned.
- When cool to the touch, dice into 1/2 inch cubes. Blend tempeh and other ingredients.
- Dice tempeh, blend with other ingredients.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Place on lettuce bed.
Serves 2 to 4.