- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 3 1/2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 cup whole milk or milk substitute
- 3 1/2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup packed chopped arugula leaves
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Return potatoes to pot.
- Stir over low heat until excess moisture evaporates.
- Add butter or olive oil; mash potatoes until smooth. Bring milk to simmer in saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add goat cheese; whisk until melted.
- Add milk mixture to potatoes; whisk until smooth.
- Stir in arugula.
- Season with salt and pepper.