Ingredients: For Bowls
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 1 acorn squash
- 1/4 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. tamari or coconut aminos (reduced sodium)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
For Lemon Sauce
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced & zested
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seed oil
- 2 Tbsp. miso paste
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. tamari (reduced sodium)
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add rinsed quinoa to pot of boiling water, cover and turn down too low to cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Next preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut acorn Squash in half and remove seeds.
- Add coconut oil, basil and garlic to the insides of the squash and spread around using your hand.
- Lay squash face side down on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes. When squash is cool enough to touch, use a spoon or scoop to scoop balls of the squash.
- While squash cooks, chop vegetables and set aside.
- Next, in a small skillet add pumpkin seeds and heat to medium.
- Add tamari and cook until toasted about 2 minutes. Should sizzle and pop but not burn.
- Finally make dressing by mixing sauce ingredients together.
- Get 2 bowls, place 1-2 scoops of quinoa in the bottom of each bowl.
- Next top with balls of squash and cut vegetables.
- Drizzle the sauce over the bowls and then finish off with toasted pumpkin seeds.