Visit our Store and shop now!
CSA is a program whereby subscribers prepay a farmer to grow food for them without the use of chemicals or harmful substances.
How does CSA benefit the subscriber?
- farm fresh produce
- higher nutritional content
- enhanced flavor
- expanded knowledge of unique varieties
- support local farms
- create connection to the land and the farmer
- know your food source
… the farmer?
- a secure market let’s the farmer know how much food to grow
- saves time
- reduces energy costs
- reduces costs of seeds, fertilizers, irrigation supplies, etc.
- subscribers help share the risks, keeping the small, family farm alive worldwide.
… the environment?
- save fuel
- shipping within 100 miles
- no extensive refrigeration storage, shipping done within 24 hours of harvest
- conserve water, fertilizers, seeds, labor
- chemical free soil
- no ground water pollution
- no herbicides
- no pesticides
- no chemical fertilizers
How Does Our CSA Work?
- visit our Store
- select the subscription that’s just right for you
- make your purchase and receive your delivery schedule
- pick up your fresh produce box by checking and initialing the sign in sheet
- delivery dates can be placed on hold and added to the end of your schedule, no limit
- pick up sites can be changed at anytime for your convenience
- our produce is guaranteed 100%
Which Membership is Right for You?
Determining the correct membership for your family depends on the amount of fresh produce consumed by the household. The weekly, regular size box, will provide lots of veggies for a family of four. A family of two might find that the weekly, small size box, suits their needs. These are only guidelines. If you’re unsure, start with a Trial Membership and see what works best for you.
The items in the box are selected each week by your farmer. A list of the contents is posted on our website by Tuesday. Depending on your pick up location, you have the opportunity to customize your box.
The CSA Food Box
- Items from a regular size box
The contents of your box depends on the season and the elements. We work to give you a wide variety of seasonal, CCOF-certified organically grown vegetables, fruits and herbs, all fresh, clean and plentiful. 85-90% of the box contents are grown directly grown on our farm.
Is It More Expensive Than Buying at the Store?
Our produce is competitively priced with local, organic produce you might find elsewhere. All funds are put directly back into maintaining farm activities. CSA is not about cheap food, which is usually neither nourishing nor grown with care of the environment in mind. CSA is about each of us being responsible for our health and the health of our planet.