- Gently wash them and pat dry
- Remove the cap and stem or leave them intact depending upon what you will do with them once they are thawed.
- Arrange them in a single layer on a flat pan or cookie sheet and place them in the freezer.
- Once frozen, transfer the berries to a heavy plastic bag and return them to the freezer where they will keep for up to one year.
- Adding a bit of lemon juice to the berries will help to preserve their color.
- While strawberries can be frozen whole, cut or crushed, they will retain a higher level of their vitamin C content if left whole.
Canning Whole Strawberries:
Sugar Free Jam Recipes:
Easy-Peasy Sugar-Free Homemade Strawberry Jam with Stevia
Agave or Honey Sweetened Fruit Leather