Meet Michelle. She is taking up the challenge of feeding her family of four on $167.00 a month. Follow her blog on what will prove to be a very fascinating journey.
“The #1 thing that is needed is a game plan to make it through the long haul. One cannot expect to run an entire marathon without proper conditioning, training, the fuel and the mindset to make it through the race – from beginning to end. This folks, will be as close to running a marathon without lacing up the shoes,” says Michelle.
Here is her game plan outline:
- Always plan for three meals a day and two snacks a day no matter what.
- Grab a calendar.
- Get your family on board and be part of the process.
- Pencil in a treat or two.
- Be prepared for shopping trips.Write it down. Think outside the walls of the grocery store.
- Find a farmers’ market near you!
- Find a CSA near you!
She has owned and operated a cottage business into its 11th year while staying home with her children. Loves to cook, garden, craft, and spend time with her family. Aspires toward a simpler, more sustainable, self-reliant lifestyle while living a stone’s throw from the mountains and the beach.