lettuce, soft squash, carrots, tomatoes, radishes, kale, string beans, cantaloupe, persimmons, apples, watermelon
lettuce, carrots, baby tatsoi, grape tomatoes, string beans, persimmons, cantaloupe
Like to spinach, kale is a favorite dark green, leafy vegetable. Kale comes is several distinct varieties such as curly, ornamental, red Russian and dinosaur , all differ in taste, texture and appearance.
How to Store:
- Wrap in a damp paper towel, placed in a plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator crisper
- Do not wash before storing since this may cause it to become limp.
- Kale can be kept in the refrigerator for several days
How to Prepare:
- Wash the leaves thoroughly under cool running water
- Both the leaves and stems can be eaten.
- If a recipe calls for the leaves only, take each leaf and fold it in half lengthwise, hold the folded leaves near the base and gently pull on the stem or use a knife to cut the leaves from the stems.
Excellent source of –
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6